Starting this November, players from grades 5-8 will have the chance to learn the game of box lacrosse while being coached by current Bandits players.
Players must provide their own equipment including stick (no wooden sticks or long poles), gloves, helmet, shoulder pads, mouthpiece, and footwear (sneakers only, no cleats).
Coaches will educate participants on the rules and basic skills of indoor lacrosse through practices and games. After an evaluation session, participants will be placed on teams and compete for the league championship in February.
After September 8, the cost will be $300 or $275 for Season Ticket Members.
November – 6, 13, 20, 27
December – 4, 11, 18
January – 8, 15, 22, 29
February – 5, 12
Dates subject to change
5/6th Grade Division
7/8th Grade Division
Weeks 1-2: 5/6th Grade will run from 5:30-6:30 p.m. and 6:30-7:30 p.m. on these nights while 7/8th Grade will run from 7:30-8:30 p.m. and 8:30-9:30 p.m.
Weeks 3-13: 90-minute time slots. The first 30-minutes will be team practices followed by a 60-minute time slot for games.
Typical game times will be:
5-6:30 or 6:30-8 for 5/6th Grade
6:30-8 or 8-9:30 for 7/8th Grade
Each team will have two bye weeks across a 12-week schedule.
2793 Wehrle Dr.
Williamsville, NY 14221
• All games will be played on the regulation size Sport Court rink at Epic Center.
• All games will be three 15-minute running clock periods.
• The final minute of the third period will be stopped clock if the score is within 4 goals.
• If a game is tied at the end of regulation, it will be decided by a three-player shootout.
• Each game will be officiated by to USBOXLA certified referees and will be played under USBOXLA rules.
• Playoffs will follow the same game format, however if a game remains tied, a five-minute sudden death overtime period will be played.
All Participants Will Receive:
- 1 evaluation session – used to break players into teams
- We will not be able to accommodate requests for players to play together. Often times this leads to teams being stacked which takes the fun and competitive spirit out of the league
- 2 full team practices
- 6 regular-season games, five game sessions have 90-minute floor times to include 30-minutes of practice time before each game. One game session is a 60-minute floor time with just warmups and gameplay.
- Playoffs – Two potential weeks of playoffs to include 60-minute floor times with warmups and gameplay.
- Certified referees
- Jr. Bandits jersey
- Jr. Bandits t-shirt
- Four ticket vouchers to be used for any available 23-24 Bandits regular season game. (minimum value $100)
- One current Bandits player as a coach
- New this year – a second coach for each team. The second coach will not be a Bandits player.
- Player of the game prizes
- Professional photography for most games
- Jr. Bandits website with stats and standings
- Championship medals and end of season MVP Awards
- Jr. Bandits Team Store – ability to purchase Jr. Bandits branded gear
Follow us on Social Media for updates:
For additional information, please contact Dan Ristine via email at [email protected]