The Buffalo Bandits announced the return of the Jr. Bandits Box Lacrosse League. Starting in November, players will have a chance to participate in a program coached by current Bandits players.
Cost per participant is $275 for runners with 60 spots available in each division. It is free for goalies to sign up, but participation is limited to four spots per division. Players must provide their own equipment including stick (no wooden sticks or long poles), gloves, helmet, shoulder pads, mouthpiece and footwear (sneakers only, no cleats).
Coaches will educate participants in the rules and basic skills of indoor lacrosse through practices and games. After an evaluation session, participants will be placed on teams and compete for the league championship in February.
The league will cost $275. Families registering multiple players who live in the same household will receive a $25 per player discount, dropping the cost to $250 each. If you registered for the 2021-22 season that was cancelled due to NLL Covid Protocols, you will receive a $25 discount, dropping the cost to $250. Goalies are free.
November – 7, 14, 21, 28
December – 5, 12, 19
January – 2, 9, 23, 30
February – 6, 13
Dates subject to change
5/6th Grade Division
7/8th Grade Division
Weeks 1-2: 5/6th Grade will run from 5:30-6:30 p.m. and 6:30-7:30 p.m. on these nights while 7/8th Grade will run from 7:30-8:30 p.m. and 8:30-9:30 p.m.
Weeks 3-13: 90-minute time slots. The first 30-minutes will be team practices followed by a 60-minute time slot for games.
Typical game times will be:
5-6:30 or 6:30-8 for 5/6th Grade
6:30-8 or 8-9:30 for 7/8th Grade
Each team will have two bye weeks across a 12–13-week schedule.
Epic Center – 2793 Wehrle Dr., Williamsville, NY 14221
• All games will be played on the regulation size Sport Court rink at Epic Center.
• All games will be three 15-minute running clock periods.
• The final minute of the third period will be stopped clock if the score is within 4 goals.
• If a game is tied at the end of regulation, it will be decided by a three-player shootout.
• Each game will be officiated by to USBOXLA certified referees and will be played under USBOXLA rules.
• Playoffs will follow the same game format, however if a game remains tied, a five-minute sudden death overtime period will be played.
Week 1: Players will be run through skills, drills and scrimmage sessions while being evaluated by league coaches. (1 hour session)
Week 2: First Team Practice
Weeks 3-11: Each session during weeks 3-11 will consist of a 90-minute floor time. The first 30 minutes will be team practice time. The final 60 minutes will be game play.
Weeks 11-13: Playoffs – Each session will consist of a 90-minute floor time. The first 30 minutes will be team practice time. The final 60 minutes will be playoff game play. Playoffs will follow seeding from regular season play and run a 1 vs. 4, 2 vs. 3 semifinal format with the winners of each semi-final playing for the championship the following week.
All Participants Will Receive:
- Coaching provided by the Buffalo Bandits Organization (players, alumni, or certified coaches)
- One evaluation night, one full team practice, six 90-minute floor times (30-minutes of practice followed by 60-minutes of game play), plus two nights of playoffs
- Jr. Bandits jersey
- Jr. Bandits T-Shirt
- Four tickets to a 22-23 Bandits regular-season home game
- Awards for team MVPs
- Championship medals for winning teams
- Website with stats and standings
- Player of the game awards for each game
- Certified referees
Follow us on Social Media for updates:
For additional information, please contact Dan Ristine via email at [email protected]