The Buffalo Bandits announced the return of the Jr. Bandits Box Lacrosse League. Starting in November, Pee Wee and Bantam-aged players will have a chance to participate in a program coached by current Bandits players including Josh Byrne, Chris Cloutier, Chase Fraser, Ian MacKay, Ethan O’Connor and Dhane Smith. (subject to change without notice)
Cost per participant is $250 for runners with 60 spots available in each division. It is free for goalies to sign up, but participation is limited to four spots per division. Players must provide their own equipment including stick (no wooden sticks or long poles), gloves, helmet, shoulder pads, mouthpiece and footwear (sneakers only, no cleats). All players will need to register for a USBOXLA membership at an additional cost of $45. If you already have this membership and it is not expired, you will not need to register again.
Coaches will educate participants in the rules and basic skills of indoor lacrosse through practices and games. After an evaluation session, participants will be placed on teams and compete for the league championship in February.
Both divisions will play six games throughout the winter. Each game session will be in a 90-minute block. The first 30 minutes will be team practice time followed by a full game. All games will be played on the regulation size Sport Court rink at Epic Center. It is important to know that there will be bye weeks for teams. Out of the 13 total weeks, each Pee Wee team will have 10 dates of participation (3 byes) and Bantams will have 11 dates of participation (2 byes).
Dates, times and other details can be found below:
Nov. 8, 15, 22, 29
Dec. 6, 13, 20
Jan. 3, 10, 24, 31
Feb. 7, 14
All sessions will take place between 5 p.m. and 9:45 p.m. Pee Wees will have the earlier floor times, but times will vary by week.
Pee Wee – 2010 and 2011 birth years
Bantam – 2008 and 2009 birth years
Epic Center – 2793 Wehrle Dr., Williamsville, NY 14221
• All games will be played on the regulation size Sport Court rink at Epic Center.
• All games will be three 15-minute running clock periods.
• The final minute of the third period will be stopped clock if the score is within 4 goals.
• If a game is tied at the end of regulation, it will be decided by a three-player shootout.
• Each game will be officiated by to USBOXLA certified referees and will be played under USBOXLA rules.
• Playoffs will follow the same game format, however if a game remains tied, a five-minute sudden death overtime period will be played.
Week One – Players will be run through skills, drills and scrimmage sessions while being evaluated by league coaches. Teams will be picked and parents/players will be notified of their coach and team by Friday, November 12. Each evaluation session will last 60 minutes.
Weeks 2-11 – Each session during weeks 2-11 will consist of a 90-minute floor time. The first 30 minutes will be team practice time. The final 60 minutes will be game play.
Weeks 11-13 – Playoffs – Each session will consist of a 90-minute floor time. The first 30 minutes will be team practice time. The final 60 minutes will be playoff game play. Playoffs will follow seeding from regular season play and run a 1 vs. 4, 2 vs. 3 semifinal format with the winners of each semi-final playing for the championship the following week.
All Participants Will Receive:
• Players receive one evaluation session, six games and two potential playoff games. Each game date also includes 30 minutes of instruction prior to the start of the game.
• Team Jersey
• Jr. Bandits T-shirt
• Coaching from your favorite Buffalo Bandits Players (subject to change, players to be determined)
• Player of the Game awards
• League and team MVP awards
• Championship medals
• Four ticket vouchers for a 2021-22 Bandits home game
• Certified USBOXLA referees for each game
• Opportunity to be a ball kid at a Bandits home game, availability pending
• Select autographed Bandits player photo
SIGN UP TODAY
Follow us on Social Media for updates:
For additional information, please contact Dan Ristine via email at [email protected]